Galenical preparations (spirituous preparations based on vegetable raw materials, tinctures, extracts, syrups) are a fairly difficult product to be filtered and often require several stages of filtration. Particularly difficult process is filtration of tinctures of peony, calendula, hawthorn, eleutherococcus, which are characterized by a high concentration of colloids and require trial filtration, which determines the number of filtration stages.
- Before filtration of tinctures, the medium to be filtered must be purified from large residues of plant material.
- Prefilters should effectively clarify the product (remove particles and colloidal contaminants without sorbing useful substances).
- Prefilters must provide a high flow rate and a stable high working life, good regeneration, i.e. be cost effective.
- Finishing filters should effectively remove residual opalescence, ensure stability during long-term storage, provide high flow rates and service life.
Purposes of filtration
- to remove colloids, particles to extend the resource of the final filters
- to remove residual opalescence to ensure stability during long-term storage
Recommendations for filter cartridges
Often several prefiltration steps are required. The filter cartridges of these series are capable of providing high flow rates, excellent mechanical and thermal resistance, high efficiency of microparticle retention, do not emit fibers into the filtrate, manufactured according to ISO 9001: 2000.
EPM.PS - depending on the types of fluids, we recommend sterilizing membrane filter cartridges EPM.PS based on a high-performance asymmetric polyethersulfone membrane PES with a pore size of 0.45 and 0.20 μm. These membranes have a low protein sorption, capable of providing high flow rates and resource.
Sterilizing air filtration ("breathing" filters):
We recommend membrane filter cartridges made of polytetrafluoroethylene EPM.F4 with 0.2 μm pore size.
DS-1-D(-/-)M – sanitary construction.
For the organization of the filtration process we propose the body equipment - the filter housing of the series DS sanitary construction made from high-quality steel AISI 316L or AISI 304.
Device for monitoring the integrity of membrane filtration systems - TECHNOCHEK.
For filtration of small volumes of preparations, as well as for the selection of optimal filtration schemes, capsule filters are produced on the basis of various filtration materials - KFM and KFV.
For the final choice of the scheme for galenical preparations filtration, please contact specialists of NPP “Technofilter”.