Animal Serums (preparations from animal blood) require several stages of prefiltration and final sterilizing filtration. Serums can vary significantly depending on the type and age of the animal. Especially filtration of non-bovine serum (serum of horses, pigs) is difficult because of their high concentration of colloids, so additional filtration stages and an increased filtration area are required.
- Prefilters should effectively remove particles and colloidal contaminants without sorbing the serum peptides
- Prefilters should provide a high flow rate and a stable high service life, i.e. be cost effective.
- Final sterilizing filters should effectively remove microorganisms and mycoplasma at constantly high flow rates and service life.
Purposes of filtration
- to remove lipids, colloids, particles from serum to extend the resource of the final filters
- to remove bacteria and mycoplasma to ensure stability during prolonged storage
Recommendations for filter cartridges
Often several prefiltration steps are required. The filter cartridges of these series are capable of providing high flow rates, excellent mechanical and thermal resistance, high efficiency of microparticle retention, do not emit fibers into the filtrate, manufactured according to ISO 9001: 2000.
Final filtration: EPM.PS
Depending on the types of fluids, we recommend sterilizing membrane filter cartridges EPM.PS based on a high-performance asymmetric polyethersulfone membrane PES with a pore size of 0.45 and 0.20 μm. These membranes have a low protein sorption, capable of providing high flow rates and resource.
Sterilizing air filtration ("breathing" filters): EPM.F4.
We recommend membrane filter cartridges made of polytetrafluoroethylene EPM.F4 with 0.2 μm pore size.
Filter housings: DS-1-D(-/-)M – sanitary construction.
For the organization of the filtration process we propose the body equipment - the filter housing of the series DS sanitary construction made from high-quality steel AISI 316L or AISI 304.
Integrity test: TECHNOCHEK.
Device for monitoring the integrity of membrane filtration systems - TECHNOCHEK.
For the final choice of the scheme for Serums and Vaccines Filtration, please contact specialists of NPP “Technofilter”.