Technofilter RME has developed a new method for production of positively charged microfiltration membrane on the basis of polyamide (TU 9471-023-10471723-2006).
Resulted membranes possess higher sorption capacity towards viruses, coliphages and pyrogenes and retain functional properties of uncharged MMK membrane.
MMPA+ microporous polyamide membranes with positive Zeta potential are porous white films produced according with own proprietary technology on the basis of polyamide (Nylon-6 and Nylon-66).
MMPA+ membranes have coarse sieve structure with thin microporous walls which results in continuous membrane structure and provides strength and flexibility in dry and wet state. Due to the high porosity and controlled pore size membranes possess high retention effectiveness at high flow rates.
MMPA+ membranes withstand mechanical, chemical and thermal influence, they are biologically inert. Membranes are immediately get wet by water as well as different water solutions. They are stable in water medium at the range of pH values from 2 to 13 and also in the majority of organic solvents.
MMPA.M+ membrane discs together with filtering unit MFM-0142 are recommended by Sysin Research Institute for human Ecology and Environment hygiene of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences for sanitary and virological analysis of water in laboratories of the Research Institute and Sanitary and Epidemiological Station (MUK 4.2.2029-05).
- For sanitary and virological control of urban water, surface water, swimming pools, underground sources, aqueous run-off, etc.
- Concentrating of viruses and phages from water of different origin.
- For reducing of micoplasms and bacterial endotoxins (pyrogens) in water systems of pharmaceutical grade.
- Sterilizing filtration and depyrogenisation of parenterals and small-volume pharmaceutical liquids.
Features and advantages
- 100 % sorption and controlled virus elution.
- Natural hydrophilicity (immediately get wet by water).
- High strength, flexibility, thermal and chemical stability.
- Sufficiently high filtration rate.
- Non-toxic, extremely low extractables content.
- Withstand more than 10 cycles of steam sterilization in autoclave at t = 121°C without any changes of mechanical, structural and filtration properties as well as gamma-radiation.
- Resistant to alkaline solutions, alcohols, chemicals and solvents.
MMPA+ membrane is hydrophilic polyamide (Nylon-6 and Nylon-66) membrane with positive Zeta potential.
Pore size, micron: 0.1; 0.2; 0.45.
MMPA+ membrane meets the requirements to medical products and materials continuously contacting with blood and lymph (certificates № ROSS Ru.IM08.NО7715 and №ROSS Ru.IM13.NО2313).
Diameter of standard discs: 13, 25, 35, 47, 50, 90, 142, 170 and 293 mm.
On the customer’s request, flat filters can have any diameter not exceeding 293 mm.
Order example for the membrane disc: Membrane disc MMPA+-020-142